Alwaleed Philanthropies designs an electronic application to develop cognitive skills for children with learning difficulties
Children in early childhood who are ill with:
- Motor and cognitive developmental delay.
- Hyperactivity and impulsivity.
- Lack of language communication.
- Low motivation to learn.
- Loss of focus and dispersion.
- Poor short-term memory and weak memorization.
- Family health clinics in all hospitals.
- Primary classes in schools.
- The father or mother of a child.
It is widely known that the first years of a child's life constitute the most important stage of his life, during which his personality is formed and his various developmental skills are mastered.
Accordingly, if parents and specialists invest this period of children's lives and intervene positively at an early stage, they will be able to develop children's abilities better and within a shorter period of time, they can reduce the growing problems of children who are at risk plus those with special needs and reduce the negative effects.
Based on this, Alwaleed Philanthropies worked in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Health and the Communications and Information Technology Commission to design an early intervention application for early detection of developmental problems and indicators of emotional and cognitive disorders in children with developmental problems or those at risk or the ones with special needs.
The partners have hired experts and specialists in the fields of:
psychological and behavioral measurements, special education and rehabilitation, linguistics and phonetics, behavioral rehabilitation, and software.
- Early detection of developmental problems and indicators of emotional and cognitive disorders by conducting assessments for children with developmental problems or at risk and including them in early intervention programs.
- Helping specialists and teachers to apply intervention programs accurately in the two phases of diagnostic evaluation and to develop and implement the appropriate individualized treatment plan.
- Direct involvement of the family in all the stages of the rehabilitation process for their children, after providing them with appropriate training and guidance, which is an effective way to influence the child and provide him with the skills that help him adapt to his daily life.
- Following up the continuous training of parents to face the obstacles that may badly affect implementing the rehabilitation program and its success, together with focusing on providing the largest number of opportunities for the child in every situation.
- Identifying the child's strengths and weaknesses in order to design a special program for him based on accurate knowledge of his abilities through the program.
- Developing a comprehensive list of the skills acquired by children at different ages to be used in building the appropriate individualized treatment plan for each child.
In partnership with
Achievements until the end of 2021
- Users recorded (300) cases during 2021
- (850) beneficiaries download the app from Android Store, and (2420) beneficiaries downloaded the app from Apple Store
- (936) users registered and activated the account
- The User Guide has now been completed and will be presented to all interested parties to take advantage of the app