In collaboration with the Saudi Development and Reconstruction Program for Yemen (SDRPY), and the UN-Habitat, Alwaleed Philanthropies supports implementing housing projects in Yemen.
2021 - 2022
In the context of its consecutive search to find sustainable solutions for the vulnerable families of internally displaced persons and returnees in Aden city, Alwaleed Philanthropies collaborated with the Saudi Development and Reconstruction Program for Yemen (SDRPY), and the UN-Habitat, in implementing housing projects targeting (4000) families in Yemen.
The project aims to contribute to implementing housing projects in Yemen by providing:
- A sustainable solution for the vulnerable families of IDPs and returnees in Aden city with the specific objective of improving living conditions.
- The social cohesion of displaced people, returnees, and their host communities; in the four districts of the governorate through rehabilitation of the damaged housing.
In partnership with
Our housing program in Yemen has reached the following:
- Identifying the neediest neighborhoods in the target districts.
- Conducting workshops in the presence of the main authorities to explain the project's objectives, and agree on the roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders.
- Conducting a comprehensive assessment of the affected housing.
- Coordinating with partners to ensure integration and cooperation between the partners.
Um Ali Success Story
Mrs. Um Ali sorrowfully has lost her husband and was forced to live in the camps due to the damage caused to her house. Besides, she was unable to repair the damage due to her limited income. She has expressed joy that her home has been included in the rehabilitation plan.