Motivated by a great desire, Alwaleed Philanthropies empowers people with physical disability to be self-confident, active members in the society and provide transportation services
Starting from 2017
Number of direct and indirect beneficiaries: 219,000 beneficiaries
Alwaleed Philanthropies is committed to supporting community development projects and programs, and is seeking to enable Saudi Staff with motor disabilities for women and youth to work and actively participate in building society and developing the national economy via a contract by Careem Company with drivers with motor disabilities on the basis of an independent driver to provide transportation services after the Mobility Company has delivered the cars by Alwaleed Philanthropies and made the necessary adjustments to the cars to become hand controls in order to provide suitable job opportunities for beneficiaries, which contributes to improving their standard of living, helps them achieve their independence, and boosts their self-confidence.
- Creating job opportunities for women and youth with motor disabilities.
- Improving the standard of living of people with motor disabilities.
- Developing the skills and competencies of people with motor disabilities.
- Empowering women and youth with motor disabilities to play their active role in raising social contributions and developing the national economy.
- Improving social awareness of the involvement of women and youth with motor disabilities in the labor market.
In partnership with
- Reorganize the conditions and screening criteria to comply with the conditions of entitlement from the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs provided that the captain is a developmental beneficiary or under the social insurance system.
- Conducting several periodic training sessions for Captaina's beneficiaries.
- The number of trips completed for (34) captains with motor disabilities as of December was 12,847.